Search This Blog

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." —-Virginia Woolf

Monday, March 7, 2011

"The Breakfast Burger"

So this is going to be a quick blog because I was messing around too much with the template designs, colors, etc. and before I knew it, it's 2am.  I'm tired, cranky, and I'm beginning to think the caffeine from the chai latte I had earlier was spiked with Tryptophan.  Nevertheless, I DID have the intention of sharing something yummy.

It was hangout night with my two buddies Roy and Jason and we ended up @ "Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe" in Emeryville, which is right across the street from Pixar.  The menu held a plethora of "gourmet" diner food, but I zeroed in on an item called "The Breakfast Burger."  When I saw the words "fried over-medium egg," "bacon," and "cheddar," I was sold.  It even came with the option of sweet potato fries for $2 more.  Without further ado......



Price: about $13

Taste: scrumptious after the first 4 bites.  Then I started to notice that the medium-well patty was a little dry and the sweet potato fries did not complement the burger.  (I would recommend regular fries for this one)  For the record, I still like the sweet potato fries of Boiling Crab and Gott's (aka Taylor's before) better.
 
After our meal, we were stuffed and couldn't run to Berkeley for a dessert quickie.  "Adjustment Bureau" was going to start in 10 minutes.

I'm surprisingly in a slightly better mood after blogging this.  Thank you food.

2 comments:

  1. hmm, something salty and sweet that didnt go together? maybe the fries were soggy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- I usually like the "kettle corn" effect. Maybe I just had better sweet potato fries elsewhere or I was getting full. Who are you "Anonymous?"

    ReplyDelete

rachelmolano@gmail.com